Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Going... Going...

...almost gone. Its coming out. The tube that is. On the morning of the 13th of the glorious August. The lovely lovely Debbie has waved her magic wand (and told a few fibs) and made it all happen for me. Oh wondrous day. Kaloo, kalay (not sure of the spelling on this last bit). My dad thinks that the contents of my stomach will be leaking all over the place (what, more weight loss?) and so I have to phone L L Debbie tomorrow so that I can reassure him that won't happen. Aged Ps, by the way, are mostly OK although it appears that my dad may have carpal tunnel syndrome. Not sure how he would have got that because I thought it was only typists that got it but what do I know?

Also saw the dental hygienist (private) today. And what a wonderful woman she is too. Told me lots of things and gave me lots of advice on caring for my teeth and gums. More than that moody bugger at the dental hospital ever did. From whom, incidentally, I had a letter today delaying my appointment by 2 weeks. No explanation. Not so much as a "by your leave". The NHS has such a long way to go in some areas before it can even hope to begin to provide a proper service. I know that explaining why appointments have been changed is not on a par with saving someone's life but it doesn't have to be one or the other. It would not have taken any longer to type a letter saying "and this is because..." than it did to type the letter saying the appointment was being postponed. When I think how "customer focussed" (awful phrase I know but handy shorthand nevertheless) parts of the rest of the civil service have become (and I include HMRC in this) it just shows you how behind the times organisations like the NHS and local councils are.

Anyway, enough complaining. The tube, she is coming out, no? Eez time for a fiesta. (And bugger only knows why I went all Mexican there). Nifght. J x

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Hurrah and farewell to the tube!It's so wonderful to read how well you're doing.
I know I don't post very often (mainly because I keep forgetting my log in details! Doh), but I do keep up to date with how your doing and also rely quite heavily on your theatre, cinema and book reviews!
Lots of love to you (and to Fig if you're reading this).
Katrina xxxx

fig said...

Da Plegma in Da Toobe.

Couldn't resist that.

Jon - I will reply to you about Manchester Pride - I'm just trying to work out my leave and money.

By the by it is Brighton Pride this weekend, so I'll be sweating in the Cabaret Tent (Lolas last), chugging down a beer and holding your imaginary hand before getting all teary at the end. Yey!

Figgy
(Hello Katrina you beauty). x x x

NannyOggandGreebo said...

When you say IR is now "customer focussed", which part of the UK does that refer to? It can't possibly be East Bloody Kilbride.
Nanny x