Monday, July 23, 2007

Gay & Depressed

Just watched Clapham Junction. Bloody hell its depressing being gay (apparently). Queer bashing, paedophilia, infidelity.. you name it, we're up to it. Mercifully hairderessers were thin on the ground but you couldn't have asked for a more stereotypical bunch if you'd lived in the 70s. Still, the one redeeming feature was the fact that none of the heterosexuals were happy either. Perhaps its just living in Brown's Britain that does it. Anyway, I'm happy. I know what happens in the end of Harry Potter. I'm off to Tatton on Saturday to watch the Halle Orchestra and fireworks (probably in the rain though) but we've got priority parking so it shouldn't take us as long getting home. And work's going well. Plus I had an e-mail from my manager today to say that he hadn't forgotten me. "That's nice" I thought. It remains to be seen what "not being forgotten" will lead to though. Watch this space gossip guzzlers. j x

1 comment:

fig said...

Well I didn't watch Crapham Common. I saw who had written it and thought 'stay away'. Same bloke that wrote the termimally dull 'My Night With Reg'; which sounds like a comedy but isn't. Self loathing expressed through writing? No thankyou. I've been told there was a lot of rudery and fleshy bits in it, but that's not enough nowadays.

On a much happier note, I too have JUST finished reading 'The Deathly Hallows' ... bit flabby in the middle but a good yarn with a rollicking finale.

I'll have to go right back to the start and re-read all seven now and see if I can pick up the clues that were laid all along ... or were they?