Thursday, March 30, 2006

Phew

1505 Feeling better now. Seen the cancer nurse (who apologised), the physiotherapist (Liz, nice but its James I will be seeing)and the dietician (Lianea, from New Zealand - we've agreed not to aim for maintaining my bodyweight but need to discuss just how much I should lose - my opening bid is 5 stone and she can negotiate me down to 4). I even managed to manouevre the trainee into a position where she had no option but to apologise. The regular nurses are more of a challenge... J x

3 comments:

newcastlewench said...

I imagine you told her you could enforce 5 but were prepared to consider 4 for a quick settlement?

You can take the man out of the office......

fig said...

Goshdarnit. I just love the way those customer services skills seem to skip a generation every now and then. I'm imaginging you now, propped up in bed (corridor or nay) Lording it over the interns, nurses and what-may-you, keeping an eye out for those pesky P's an Q's. Lets just hope they don't discover this blog and decide to re-plumb your tubing in a fit of pique.

By the by, if you lose five stone, develop cheekbones and end up with a tiny stomach DO NOT bleach your hair ... people won't be able to tell us apart.

Jonathan said...

Fig, of course, attempts a jest. Everyone knows that I'm the funny one (as so convincingly demonstrated on a recent night out)...