Monday, March 27, 2006

Monday 270306

Hello, good morning and welcome. In the brief period available to me between Fig leaving and Karen arriving I have decided to set up this blog. True the dusting needs doing and I'll need clean pyjamas for hospital but what is all that compared with my need to communicate with you all out there in the real world?

As things currently stand, here is the itinerary for the next few weeks -

Wednesday & Thursday- in hospital having a tube put in my tummy (sedation only, no general anaesthetic - are they mad?).

Friday - discharge (from hospital only and hopefully not from my tummy) and Aged Ps arrive. Said dusting and washing begins around now.

Sunday 020406 - check in once more to MRI

Monday 030406 - the BIG op. 24 hours on the High Dependency Unit

Tuesday 040406 - back to the ward for 2 to 3 weeks. No speaking or eating and a couple of days of breathing through a tube in my throat. Likely to look bruised and swollen but hopefully losing weight already...

Sometime during April - back to pad for 4 week break followed by 6 weeks of radiotherapy (am exploring possibility of a car park pass for those of you good enough to volunteer to drive me)

Once ensconced back at 55 City South (and having checked that the dusting and washing has been done in my absence) I will continue to update this blog so we'll all know where we are.


Am now going to try and post a photo so that you can all remember what I look like. Speak soon. J x

3 comments:

fig said...

'First I was afraid / I was petrified / but now I've read your blog /I think you'll be alright / But I spent so many nights / drinking with you for so long / I grew drunk / I didn't think I kinda thunk / and so your'e off / to have an OP / you just trolled down to Christies hosptial / to have it all lopped off / I should have warned that stupid nurse / I should have told that stupid Doc. / If I had known for just one second / You'd just got ill to chase some co..

Ahem. Now it's just getting rude. Huge love to you. Fig x x x

Katrina said...

Well.....Fig has set the benchmark very high with his variation on a disco classic -it scans, it (mostly)rhymes , it's funny, it's rude.... oh move over Mr Sondheim!-and frankly it's been so long since I've done a re-write of a song I'll admit I'm rusty. So I shan't attempt it for the moment.
Just sending lots of love and waves of good vibes from down here in "the smoke".
Katrina xxx

Jonathan said...

Fig - you're a genius

Si - Ahhhhhh

Katrina - thought you were fab at the Phil Starr bash.