Saturday, June 16, 2012

Now Home

Dad looks dreadful. He bashed some of his face when he fell and his face now has that "pushed out of a taxi by Denise" look i.e. badly bruised down one side (in much the same way as mine was when I was so cruelly pushed out of that taxi by Denise a number of New Years Eves ago). He's also quite unsteady on his feet and appears a little confused at times. I suspect this is the shock though and he will recover from both these symptoms in a short time. He needs to keep his arm in a cast for about 6 weeks but they will re-evaluate the situation next week at the Fracture Clinic. His fingers (and especially his thumb) poking out of the end of the cast appear quite bruised too. Mum seems to be doing OK. Coping as usual. I'm proud of her and proud of my Dad too for being so stoical about all this. They're great parents. I just hope I'm a good son. And honestly that isn't a cue for lots of nice comments. But that's all for tonight. I'll update again as the weekend goes on. J x

No comments: