Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Hurrah

Operation was a success. Waited for ages (with nurses running up every two minutes to put drops in his eyes) and then it was all over in 20 minutes. He's got some dos and don'ts to observe over the next 4 weeks (and loads more eye drops to administer) but, fingers crossed, its all looking good at the moment.

Tomorrow is Mum's CT Scan which, I imagine, doesn't appear quite so intimidating now as we already pretty much know the bad news. I suspect that Mum is harbouring a secret hope that the scan shows up something benign but the oncologist seemed quite certain of his diagnosis. Anyway, the appointment is for 1120 and once that is over I'l be heading back to Manchester and then back to work on Thursday where I'm sure there'll be all manner of stuff waiting for me. But its been a pretty gruelling few days here in Swansea for all of us. Highs and lows all round. That's life though. I'l update everyone when I have more news. J x

1 comment:

NannyOggandGreebo said...

All best wishes to both Aged Ps, darling. Hope good news from scan.