Thursday, July 07, 2011

Who Knew?

That Kent could be such fun? Just got back from a long weekend in Ramsgate. Me, DD, Bryn & Michelle got a great deal on a house on the seafront in Ramsgate so off we went. Whilst there we went to Margate - the new Turner Contemporary gallery, absolutely fantastic as was the new artist's quarter with its little studios and bars and cafes. I bought some original art and DD managed to blag two rather fancy champagne glasses out of one of the barmen. We also went to Sandwich (very pretty) and Deal (impossible to park and really only saw the inside of a pub - the pier is shite too). On the way down we'd called into Leeds Castle - really nice, the maze is fantastic as are the grounds and the peacocks (no lie). The weather was absolutely gorgeous the whole time and we had some great (and one not so great) meals. The house was 5 storeys (you should see my thighs) and we all had separate bedrooms. The living room had a nice terrace that looked out over the sea and the Royal Harbour. And then it was back to work which is rubbish at the moment. But I'm off all next week sampling the delights of the Manchester International Festival. Really looking forward to it as there's some great stuff on. Expect regular reports as I'll be of work - but may be hungover!

Today is my last ever (touches wood) appointment at Christies. Yes folks, its been 5 years since the end of my cancer treatment and hopefully I'll get sign off as fully cured this morning. I'll obviously blog later and let you know. Who knew that from that first blog entry from my hospital bed this whole blog thing would grow? Might be time for a reevaluation of the purpose/worth of this blog now. Rest assured I'l let you know what's happening as soon as I do. That's all. J x

1 comment:

fig said...

So, three things;

1) 'Peacocks' in flight. You know what I'm referring to here, so let's not go any further unless you want me to queue behind old people in an Express minimart. (Miss Gulch etc.)

2) Manchester International Festival is on and I am here. Boo. So sad to have missed it this time but I give my blessing for an extra VM at each event you attend so you can pretend I am egging you on. Stagger.

3) The Five Years are nearly over. I have several parts crossed for good news and want to be the first to say that this blog has been invaluable in pulling together a nascent (and cohering)assortment of people who are grateful for its exsitence. And yours, x x x x