Monday, July 11, 2011

MIF 1

So, it was Dr Dee on Saturday. The new Damon Albarn opera. Got dressed up in all my best togs - yes, including the Comme des Garcons white shirt with the random bits of tartan stitched to it. I adore that shirt but limit myself to wearing it just a few times a year so it always feels fresh. Also my new(ish) Gievenchy tux jacket. We had seats in the circle which, in retrospect, probably wasn't the best idea since the legroom is quite restricted. But thinking back, when I booked there may not have been any good seats left in the stalls. Anyway, the opera is a triumph. The music is fantastic, the subject matter very interesting and the staging out of this world. We all really really enjoyed it as did the crowd on the night - a rapturous standing ovation. Damon seemed quite chuffed.

To The Palace hotel bar for a drink afterwards (and to see if DD could stalk Damon again like 4 years ago). However, it seems like Damon had learned his lesson and steered well clear! Many VMs were drunk though and then it was off to the Molly House off Canal Street for some more. There we met up with David and Nick and then back to theirs for more vodka! Honestly, my poor liver. Have vowed to stick to beer for the rest of the week. No idea how or when I got home.

Yesterday was recovery and tonight its off to Johnny Vegas and his home shopping thing. No idea what that will be like but I'll be dressing down...! That's all. J x

No comments: