Sunday, February 06, 2011

Far Too Long

Sorry dear readers for my unaccounted for absence from this blog - almost a month! The only excuse really is that I have been quite busy. I won't have space here to recount all my exploits but as far as I can remember - and in no particular order - here goes.

Andreas Scholl was a huge disappointment. This was partly accounted for by the fact that I hadn't realised what a counter-tenor was. It seems a bit of a superfluous voice to me. None of the strength and oomph of a tenor voice and without the beauty of a boy soprano's voice. Sorry all you counter-tenor fans out there.

Loved loved loved The King's Speech. Fantastic film and fantastic performances. Hated Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Looking forward to seeing Black Swan and, later in the year, the new Harry Potter and, should it ever get made, The Hobbit.

Been to London for a weekend for Bryn's birthday. Saw Woman in Black (and hated it) and had a fab cruise up the Thames to Greenwich - which ended up with us being marooned (marooned!) in the middle of the river whilst we waited for the tide to go down so we could get under one of the bridges. As ever we had lunch in One Aldwych which we just all adore and which makes the best martinis.

Mrs T came to stay which was, as ever, a huge pleasure. Even if it did cost me a little more than I'd imagined - around £5000 in the end as someone took my card details over the weekend and went on a spending spree. Hopefully that's all been sorted now. But we did see the China exhibition at Manchester Museum and the Intuition exhibition at The Whitworth. The former was disappointing (not enough stuff) and the latter was brilliant - a really refreshing collection of artists.

Last night was a cancer charity quiz in Flixton. Anyone who even half knows me must know my views on pub quizzes. And anyone who knows me a little better will know my views on Flixton. So all in all not a highly anticipated night and, to be fair, it was fairly rubbish. But, looking to the positives Bryn & Michelle drove there and back (thanks guys), the soup they'd put on specially for me was tasty (thanks Paul) and we won a selection box! There was also a complete nutter-woman there to laugh about and some barman eye-candy.

Work has just been manic - I've been taking lots of "management action". But it just takes up so much time and its exhausting. Loads of meetings next week including 2 days in Lincoln so have a load of work to do this afternoon too. Phew. Hopefully it won't be so long before I blog again. Love to you all. That's all. J x

1 comment:

fig said...

you hated the woman in black? whaaaa? I'd have thought that sort of camp scream fest would be right up your alley