Sunday, February 13, 2011

Busy Week

So Lincoln was good. Lots of really positive, relevant discussions and action plans formed to take things forward and responsibilities assigned. Fantastic. Then back to Manchester for a meeting with my colleagues and to feed back on all the positivity, action etc. Of course they rained all over my parade but fear not dear readers. I remain in a positive frame of mind.

Saturday night was fantastic: another "film night". It was DD's turn to pick a film and talk about it and she had picked Schindlers List. A film which I'd never got around to seeing before. And what a fantastic film it is. To be fair you're never going to be able to find actors thin enough to portray emaciated Jews so it can be difficult at times to get the full effect of the deprivation when you're faced with a whole load of plump, well-fed actors. That said, I had a tear in my eye at one point and felt that Mr Spielberg had made a good fist of it.

Ralph Fiennes as the commandant was incredible. Both repulsive and attractive at one and the same time (just my type judging by past boyfriends!). A fine acting turn I thought. Liam and Ben did well too.

I'd be interested to know what you, my bloggees, would choose as your film and why. Please share your thoughts and also let me know what film you think I will choose when it comes around to my turn.

Michelle did her usual magic with the nibbles which were scrummy. Another busy week ahead so I'll update you next when I can. That's all. J x

No comments: