Sunday, February 20, 2011

Stuff

So I've been up to a bunch of stuff. Went to the theatre on Wednesday (Royal Exchange) to see Mogadishu. Hadn't been looking forward to it but absolutely loved it (isn't it bizarre how this often turns out to be the case?). Its a play about an inner city school and a false accusation of racism made against one of the teachers. The story is gripping (you've no idea how its going to turn out) and the acting is just superb - especially the main schoolboy who is frightening/chilling with the control he exerts over his contemporaries.



And then went to see True Grit on Thursday - again, I wasn't looking forward to it but in the event I loved it. I'd wanted to go and see Black Swan but have been forbidden from doing so by my mother who wants to see it next weekend. Its directed by the Coen brothers who seem to turn anything they touch into gold. I recommend it.



Then Friday I had "the call" (guess who from) and so had to go to Sakura for 5 martinis. Good to see the gang but have a vague recollection that I got into an argument about Pacesetter. Not a good idea when one is drunk!



Yesterday evening to Cloud 23 with one of my Team members and his girlfriend which was nice. Only 2 martinis though!. And luckily we didn't get struck by lightning.



Need to catch up on some work today and then the usual heavy week ahead next week but then down to London on Saturday for a few days - for my Dad's birthday - so will be seeing Les Miserables (4th time!) and Black Swan. Also going to the Dulwich Picture Gallery. There's an exhibition on that I want to see but can't for the life of me remember who it is now - hang on a mo -Norman Rockwell (just checked). So will report back on all that next week.











Stop Press - Scottish news, Karen may be coming North soon. Yay!



And that's all. Let's be careful out there. J x

P.S. I won't make a habit of including videos of everything I blog about. Honest.

P.P.S. I just tried playing all the video clips simultaneously. What a mess. Why would one do that?

No comments: