Monday, January 03, 2011

New Year...

...new illness! Yes, dear readers, I've been ill again. But after all it is somewhat of a New Year/Xmas tradition. Luckily it didn't hit until New Years Day afternoon. We were still in Leeds so I spent the evening and night between bed and the toilet throwing up. I think it was the same thing I had not so long ago and Dr Aged P (Mother division) has diagnosed it as norovirus. Looking this up on the internet suggests she may be right as you can get that multiple times and the papers suggest there's a lot of it about at the moment. Anyway, had Nurse DD here all last night looking after me (whilst simultaneously keeping an eye on the cricket) and I'm feeling better today although still a little weak. Made it to Sainsburys this afternoon though and have had some yoghurt and blueberries which have stayed down so fingers crossed I'm over it. My temperature has come down too.

NYE itself was a bit of a mixed bag. Mix-ups over whether we'd booked a "New Year's Meal" at the hotel - at £70 - we hadn't! Whether one could wear their beautiful new bowler hat at the Sky Lounge Bar even if one had pre-booked a table (one couldn't). Nor could all one's friends who had hilariously all purchased bowler hats from a joke shop wear theirs either... Did find a really nice friendly small bar near the hotel though and we had a real laugh with Jools Holland (can't believe its not live) in the hotel bedroom afterwards. Met up with Sarah and Hugh on NY day lunchtime and it was good to see them both. And then the lurgy descended. Hopefully won't have to go through this again for a while. That's all but I hope you all had a really good time too and I wish you all a happy and healthful New Year. J x

1 comment:

fig said...

Oh Lordy. Whither the virus free adonis of yesteryear? Bowlerhatted or nay.

Glad you had suitably mental festive / new year frolics. Boyf and I were expecting a campy dinner party for NYE but actually spent it with two chums and a small dog following illness of putative host (La Fanny).

Wishing you speediest recovery and all things 2011-ish.

figgles x