Sunday, January 16, 2011

Just Because

Video attached because -

* I really like the song and
* It has lots of pretty boys kissing in it

Sorry if anyone is offended.



In other news, I'm feeling 100% better. I've had a brilliant week at work where I've achieved loads. I've also been given line management responsibilities for 2 additional members of staff (non-trainee Grades 7) which, I suspect, is going to prove a bit of a challenge. But you know me, I love a challenge. Sometimes.

Had my first vodka martnis of the New Year last night (so I must be feeling better) and then back here to watch some Mad Men with DD. Unfortunately didn't get to go to the football yesterday (the offer of a ticket was cruelly withdrawn at the last moment) but hey ho. It was only against Wolves anyway even if there were loads of goals scored. The week ahead holds the prospect of Andreas Scholl atThe Bridgewater Hall. No idea what he's like but he comes highly recommended. And then its that latest Narnia on Wednesday at the cinema. No Peter this time unfortunately but looking forward to it anyway. And then its down to London for the weekend to see The Woman in Black. No idea what else we'll be doing down there but lunch at Number One Alwydch is definitely on and I love that place... That's all for now. Happy Sunday everyone. J x

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Andreas Scholl is great! He is a German countertenor of 43. Alfred Deller is the closest thing. I suppose you heard of him.
I don't know what you are or what you do, but I liked your comments. I am an 'old' woman whi is young at heart who loves Scholl and has done for many years (10).
Are you going to listen to him?
F.

fig said...

What a coincidence, we are going to see WIB in Feb as part of our the 15th Birthday celebrations of our 'ward' (Marks half brother) Hope its still as chilling and spooksome as it was all those years ago when I saw it last.

Glad you are feeling better. Must be all that dancing to 'Mama Told Me' ... I did get your text about that, but have a new i-phone and haven't quite worked out how to work it yet! x x x x fig x

Jonathan said...

Hey Frances, welcome to the family. Everything you could possibly need to know about me can be found in the posts on this blog which is fast approaching its 5th anniversary: 5 years since I was diagnosed with throat cancer. 5 years since I found out how much I was loved and 5 years since I found out just how brave a person can be. Its been one hell of a ride and I wouldn't be the person I am today if I hadn't been through it and if I hadn't had the friends and family who have helped my survive. At first I was afraid. But I'm not afraid anymore. That's all. Big love to everyone. J x