Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Sick as a Dog

Well, I spent all yesterday afternoon and evening throwing up and running a temperature of 38.5 and generally feeling rotten. However managed to sleep for 10 hours last night and have woken up feeling like a new man. Have stayed off work today just to be sure (and its snowed too) but will go back in tomorrow if there's no change. Mother says its because I overdid things last week. She may have a point as I do seem to have been quite busy lately. Perhaps I should be slowing down now I'm nearly 50? But DD seems to manage it. We'll see...

In other news, the evening of Baroque music at RNCM was really good and me and Michelle went to Felicinis for soup afterwards which was really good too. Am off to Lincoln with work on Thursday & Friday and upon my return to Manchester to the Bridgewater Hall on Friday evening to watch Cecilia Bartoli. But nothing else planned at the moment. That's all. J x

This post was typed on Tuesday but posted to the wrong blog! Have stayed off work today again in order to rally my strength for trip to Lincoln tomorrow and Friday but that's now been cancelled on account of the weather. It even looks doubtful as to whether I'll be able to make it into Warrington tomorrow and so may have to work out of Manchester. No worries, I'm sure there'll be plenty of e-mails to catch up on and there's always networking to do...! J x

1 comment:

fig said...

Hope you are feeling better sweetie. Put your feet up and have a go on some computer games.

It snowed down here last night and we have about a foot of coverage. I trundled into work on a bus with chains on its wheels, only to find a building full of smugs congratulating one another for making such a sterling effort to get in.

Hoping my mood will thaw with the snow... x x x