Saturday, October 09, 2010

The Good and the Bad

The good news is that I had my check up at The Christie on Thursday and everything was fine (apart from not seeing the lovely Debbie of course - Sean reckons she was having a "cheeky lie-in"). But my next appointment is not until July next year and it will be my final appointment. My last ever (hopefully). How fucking fantastic is that? I got quite choked up when Sean informed me. That means I will have been cancer-free for 5 years. I'm not sure what the recurrence statistics are after 5 years but I think they are virtually nil (apart from my mother who had it again after 8 years but I'm not sure she had the same cancer the second time round - she survived both obviously). So that's really good. Lots of good stuff happened at work too. And I'm off to Swansea on Thursday for a production of Fidelio by the Welsh National Opera at the Grand Theatre and so get to spend some more time with the Aged Ps who will be back from Portugal by then. I hope.

The not so good news is that I heard that a friend of mine, Sharon, is just starting out in her own cancer journey. I hope you'll all join me in wishing her the best of luck - I know she reads this blog from time to time and so will see any encouraging messages. Good luck honey, we'll all be thinking of you and rooting for you and - if you don't start up your own blog - drop us all a line on here to let us know how you're getting on. Much love. Jonathan x

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What fantastic news for you....and postive thoughts and virtual hugs to Sharon(just think of the bunker and Stinker Thompson , which should raise a smile Sharon)
Hope the the aged Ps have had a good break in Portugal and you have a great time at the opera.

All the best The T's xxx

fig said...

such excellent news honey! hooray!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for today heres a memory for youhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dss8g5HVtYE&feature=fvst