Sunday, June 06, 2010

Not a Lot

Have given up drinking for June. No particular reason but I'm putting on some weight and I had a letter from my liver asking for a rest! Not to be deterred by this handicap I nevertheless attended a wine tasting evening on Friday. Needless to say I tasted some wine (along with a couple of martinis) and so I have given up drinking for "the rest of June" instead... Day 2 and I'm off to a barbecue at DD's place this afternoon. This will be my first test so I'll let you know how it goes.

Absolutely nothing else to report. Although I see that there is a production of Into The Woods taking place at the Regent's Park Open Air Theatre so I'll be checking my mate Fig's schedule for that. That's all. J x

5 comments:

fig said...

Do you remember when we gave up drinking for a month? God we were bored. But our skin looked clearer and we slept better. We tired all sort of booze supplements and ended up with ginger beer and lime ... we must have been desperate. The day that booze-fast ended goes down as one of the least memorable of my life. I got so drunk I can't recall it.

Jonathan said...

My liver still remembers that month and begged me to repeat it! And I need a reply on Into the Woods...

NannyOggandGreebo said...

Is one of your readers fluent in some obscure language, or do you have an Enigma type machine to decipher all those symbols?
Anyway $$!££~~@~+_+_ to you, dear boy (which, in best Manc-language, means: "See you soon")
Nanny

Jonathan said...

I thought the addition of the"type a word screening" thing meant I wouldn't get all those chinese characters. How wrong can you be? Perhaps I should have learned from the folly of others? That's all. J x

NannyOggandGreebo said...

Well, darling, where would be the fun in life if we all learned by someone else's mistakes??? MUCH more fun to learn from one's own, as I'm sure dear old Confucious would have said.....