Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Nice Bank Holiday

Following my trip to SATC2 I joined DD to see Four Lions last night. A difficult film in many ways. You found yourself laughing at the jokes but wondering whether you should be laughing or not. Just like a lot of Chris Morris's stuff in fact. Undoubtedly he goes too far sometimes but its difficult to know when that is whilst you're actually watching something. But there's no denying that he's not afraid to tackle difficult subjects...

A somewhat more traditional bank holiday activity today (even though its no longer bank holiday it still is for civil servants as we get an extra day off for the Queen's Birthday - I wonder how long that will last!). Went to a couple of garden centres with Madam and bought plants. Planted them up this afternoon and now awaiting the rain to make them grow. Not rained much at all here today despite the forecast. Back to work tomorrow but at least it will be a short week.

Oh, and I've decided to give up drinking for June. Apart from the one night I'm at a wine tasting obviously. Just want to show myself I can do it (and consume a few less calories too hopefully). That's all. J x

No comments: