Sunday, June 13, 2010

Hanging on the Line

So, its time to renew my car insurance. Direct Line very handily send you out a renewal notice that says you doesn't need to do anything to renew, they'll just charge your credit card anyway. Very handy you may think until you notice how much they want to charge you and how its about £300 more than anyone else. So you have to telephone them to tell them not to take the money from your card - and this is where the genius comes in - they keep you hanging on the telephone until you've spent about £300 anyway. Brilliant marketing ploy. Bastards. So here I am listening to the music. Its not even Vivaldi's Four Seasons (which I like) but some weird electronic stuff that's driving me up the wall. I won't be insuring with them again in a hurry... That's all. J x

2 comments:

fig said...

I think you should filter some of the comments being posted here; For a fact, I happen to know that your wife is far from charming! Thought it must be said you do have a great personality.

Kathryn said...

And you don't even have the compensation of a dirty Martini after all that hassle. I'm sure I'm not alone among your friends and relations to be startled at the revelation of a hitherto unknown spouse - you Mr Rochester, you!