Sunday, August 02, 2009

Been a While

Sorry about that. And I've probably forgotten half the stuff I've done since I last blogged but that's because I've been so busy doing it...

Working backwards, last night was Tatton Park fireworks concert. It was a vintage year this year because it barely rained and we could see all the fireworks, we had posh parking and the music was really good - Danse Macarbre played live at night is a really fantastic experience. And the fireworks were done to The Sorcerers Apprentice and the Can-Can. Classic!

Saw the esteemed Mrs T for coffee Saturday morning (and as a double bonus she was accompanied by Mr T) Really good to see them both and catch up. Friday night was the help line followed by drinks with DD and Sara. Wednesday was Harry Potter with Gill - a long film but I enjoyed it. Lots of teenage hormonal angst. Tuesday was a building directors' meeting.

Previous weekend? I'm struggling now... Ah, Sunday was Tatton Park (again) but this time with Gill for the flower show. It rained but not a problem as this meant it was quieter and you could get to see everything. Bought a couple of picture frames. Saturday was a barbecue (oh the irony of me attending such an event!) but I had fun. It was at Jane's (trainee in Manchester) in Levenshulme - who knew such a place existed? Caught up with lots of trainees from Manchester which was good.

And that's us all caught up I believe. Quiet day today (oh good, finally some time for housework!) and then Book Club on Monday. That's all J x

5 comments:

fig said...

I had a great big nostalge about you this weekend as I paraded along at Brighton Pride. Sadly it was a completely dry affair as we were whizzing up London later that day to see 'Forbidden Broadway' please forgive me).

Very excited to be seeing you soon for Sister Act ... I''m guessing you'll be doing an hotel in London, but I will give a you a tinkle in the week to check plans.

figling x x x

Jonathan said...

An hotel on Trafalger Square sweetie. Huge rooms apparently. Stay up overnight and we'll smuggle you in and go and do something really sleazy. When was the last time we did anything really sleazy? Let em know coz I'll need to know what to pack... That's all. J x

fig said...

ooooh you'd better bring your wellingtons and some pegs then ...

NannyOggandGreebo said...

No feathers, or whips? How disappointing.

Jonathan said...

Wellingtons and pegs and whips. Oh my...