Saturday, August 29, 2009

Long Week

Well it was only 5 days long but it felt longer. Work was a mixture of good news (a good settlement for one trainee) and bad news (one complaint) but that's the way it goes. Two trainees appeared to be enthusiastic this week which I count as a personal achievement!

Still doing long hours although now have it written into my Performance Agreement that I will do at least one day a week of less that 7 and a half hours (at the bidding of my Team). Was really pleased that I managed one day this week at 7 hours 15 only to discover subsequently that I'd miscalculated and it should have been 7 hours 45! Hey ho, its early days working short days for me. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually.

Long weekend to catch up on my sleep now. Its also Pride weekend but am not going to Canal Street as a) Its too expensive and b) I need to clean the flat ready for the arrival of the legend that is Mrs T who is coming down to stay next weekend (looking forward to this enormously). Will go and see the parade today though with Madam, Jim and others. And that's all. J x

4 comments:

fig said...

Manchester Pride. If you ain't going to the do, have a martini on me.

Anonymous said...

is that you fig or the milky bar kid..very cute

Jonathan said...

Kid?????

Jonathan said...

Incidentally Jersey, do you and Bill fancy coming out to dinner on 05/09? J x