Friday, July 03, 2009

Prof Dram

So The Festival started on Thursday (that's the Manchester International Festival - see blogs from 2 years ago to see what we all got up to then). A similarly eclectic programme awaits this year. We have Bingo as Theatre courtesy of Neil Bartlett (I love that man ever since his Oliver and that gay thing he did on BBC2 forever ago that I used to make Fig watch every Pride eve - "And then my second friend said...."). Prima Donna from Rufus Wainwright - an opera in French. Originally commissioned by the New York Met who asked him to translate it into English (the heathens) and he refused (the rebel) and so it is premiering in Manchester in your actual French (lucky us). Then there are the three Bachs. In a Zaha Hadid concert hall. In an art gallery. It don't get any more cutting edge than that. On top of this there is The Procession, The Haunted House, The Shakespeare flash mob and, I'm only guessing here, oodles and oodles of martinis. And as a cherry on top (not that he can remember his cherry) The Very Young Fig is coming to stay too. I might explode with excitement at any moment. Before all that I have the Help Line tomorrow night and after the last session where I had a really disturbing call (I actually broke down) I'm not sure how much I'm looking forward to it.

On the bright side as well, work is just going so well and I am enjoying it so much despite the long hours and all the pressure. Clearly I was born to be a God worshipped by my subjects, sorry, a manager I mean. Anyway that's all for now - oh no, just remembered , has everyone heard the new Sophie Ellis Bexter single? Its fabulous. That really is all. J x

No comments: