Thursday, April 02, 2009

And so I'm back...

Valencia was lovely (but wet). The city has some really old bits and some really (really) new bits. In fact its the perfect mix - just like Manchester. Had to fly to Alicante on Monarch though. The flight out wasn't too bad - we were given extra leg room seats despite not having paid ridiculous seat booking and extra legroom booking fees. Alicante was also hot and sunny and we had a couple of hours there before catching the train to Valencia. We went first class and it was lovely - free vodka!

The apartment was also quite nice although it cost us more than we thought due to a cock up by me. In fact I suspect that DD won't let me book anything for the 2 of us again since there were also some "issues" around the timing of our flights too ( we had to leave the apartment on our final day at 0615 to get the train to go back to Alicante - in the pouring rain).

It rained on and off for most of the weekend but it didn't really spoil anything apart from the bus tour because it wasn't "open-top". It was also impossible to find the perfect vodka martini but then without James Bond poor Johnny Foreigner doesn't stand a chance. I will go back though as there's so much still to explore.

Back to work and a ton of e-mails and no computer services. Plus ca change...

Official promotion celebrations/leaving do at The Pitcher & Piano tomorrow. Looking forward to it and hoping (probably in vain) that I won't have to make a speech. I'll update you on the festivities and any injuries sustained once I'm sober. That's all. J x

No comments: