Saturday, March 21, 2009

Well, What a Week it's Been

So busy I haven't even had time to blog (although to be fair I did find time to go and see Vicky Cristina Barcelona - really good and Penelope Cruz is stunning - and down one or 6 vodka martinis). But I'm sure you're all dying to know how the job is going. Well I have to say that so far its going really well. The days are longer what with the commuting and all - especially when I have to go into Liverpool (2 days this week). And I haven't managed to get hold of all the computer services I need yet. But my team are really nice and they seem really keen and up for the job which is good (and unusual). I think I made the right choice going back a week early. Its really strange having a personal secretary but again she is really nice and very helpful. Its a shame I wasn't able to start when I should have (02/02) because I haven't had the advantage of a handover from the previous manager but in some ways perhaps that's good too because it means I have no preconceptions of the people on the team. Also, luckily, no-one has asked me a question yet that I didn't know the answer to - but its just a matter of time. I'll keep you posted! Quiet weekend ahead (but Valencia next weekend - hurrah). That's all. J x

No comments: