Saturday, March 14, 2009

Catch Up

So, where were we? Ah, yes, still on the sick. Well that all changes next week as I go back on Monday having obtained an un-sick note from my doctor (my original sick note runs out a week on Monday). It'll be a fairly busy week as I'll be in Liverpool for meetings on 2 days and have a dental appointment on Tuesday. In fact, it seems like I've hardly been out of the dentist for ages now as I had a hygienist appointment last Tuesday, saw the hospital dentist on Thursday and now see my regular dentist next week. Things are not looking too bad though teeth-wise. In fact, the hospital dentist wants to take photos of my mouth to show to his colleagues because he reckons that you can hardly tell I've had oral radiotherapy by just looking at my teeth. He reckons its because I use Tooth Mousse which is a new product that you can only get from Australia at the moment. Whatever it is I'm quite content if things are going OK (although of course my teeth are rubbish anyway from all those years of smoking).

Went for a drink with Sara on Wednesday at The Bridge and was later joined by her holiness. Needless to say we ended up at Panacea and had several (?) cocktails. We also got more free tickets for something or other but since its on a week night I won't be able to go.

Called into work (Manchester) on Thursday to clear out my desk. It was good to see everyone again. Will have to call back at some point though for my "presentation" (apparently there's been a collection). Will arrange at the same time as my leaving do which will probably be the 03/04 now.

Yesterday had a visit from HRH Ms Taylor. Fabulous to see her and she looks really well but the visit was too too brief. Yesterday evening was Comic Relief and Sara and DD came round for soup (I'm quite the expert now on tomato soup) and one or two little drinkies. A fun evening was had although CR was pretty hit and miss as usual (and as inevitable since they're trying to be all things to all people). Today is currently blank and tomorrow is the cinema again with Graham. I'll let you know how it goes at work next week. That's all. J x

No comments: