Tuesday, May 27, 2008

As One Chapter Closes...

...another begins. Fig has departed for sunnier skies in Brighton whilst another Southern traveller journeys North. Sunday was spent at the art gallery (a rather good exhibit by a Chinese guy with a double-barreled surname with just too many syllables for me to remember) and in the Northern Quarter (jeans for Fig and a book for me) followed by drinks with DD at her place (no longer our place - I hardly knew my way around anymore) and then at Cloud 23 and Podium. Yesterday, it has to be said, involved quite a lot of Playstation 3 although we did make it out to the cinema to see Indiana Jones. What a load of pants. It really is a bad film.

Anyway, have to get on with cleaning and changing the beds as John and Conor arrive lunchtime. And its raining again which I'm sure will please them immensely. Not. I'm not sure how much time I'l have to blog with 2 guests to entertain but I'll update you as and when I can (but after the last couple of months I'm sure, dear readers, that you're already overwhelmed by the number of blogs there have been to read over the last few days so a break may be welcome...). That's all. J x

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok sweetie have booked Tatton for 2nd aug. You were right too late for premium parking ..sam is coming too.

Jonathan said...

Cool. Thanks honey. J x

fig said...

Phew. Finally got a moment to publicly exclaim how wonderful the weekend was. Thanks Daaaaaaaaaaarling, you were lovely. Denise was lovely, Lesley was gorgeous, the shopping was good and the flat will be fabulous. Hope that you've got past the tricky ending of 'Heavenly Sword'.

I have almost recovered from having my flight back to Gatwick cancelled ... and having to sit on a bi-plane to Heathrow and travel across London. Six hours is not what it should take to get from door to door. Nevetheless the week is at an end and I've just returned from work to find that our back garden has been transforned - Garden Force Like into a green oasis of fabulousness.

I'm rambling. Need Gin. Love you.

fig x x x