Saturday, October 20, 2007

Don't Stop The Train(ing)

Spent the day at LGF re-doing the training ready for me starting my volunteering again. As ever the LGF was warm and welcoming and staffed with lovely lovely people. Sometimes when you go down Canal Street you can feel that the whole gay community is shallow and heartless and interested in nothing more than their next drug fix or shag. But then you go to organisations like LGF and everyone is so nice and welcoming and can hold a conversation... But everyone goes to Canal Street (me included) so they can't all be bad. It just feels that way sometimes. Anyway, it was quite a tiring day (these things can exhaust you emotionally) so I just came home, watched Deep Impact on the telly (it always makes me cry) Chatted to John (he'd had a tiring day too). Also talked to Gill and tried to decide which film we're going to see next week and when (secondments leave you with very little free time - in London on Thursday and travelling First Class at the taxpayer's expense - only because I'm going with 2 other people who are travelling First Class and we have stuff to discuss on the way down, and doubtless on the way back too. I normally go Standard Class because I'm conscious of the expense and I don't see why I should have privileges - my salary apart - over other people in HMRC). Also exchanged text messages with Lesley and Jane concernig the sexuality of Dumbledore. Who knew? And now off to bed as have loads of cleaning washing and ironing to do tomorrow. What do we think the liklihood of those happening is? That's all. J x

No comments: