Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Lots To Report

London was good. Got there on Thursday afternoon and met up with the Aged Ps. we didn't do much and had our evening meal in the hotel (which was nice). Friday morning was shopping - Harrods, Jaeger, Burberry & Orange! I didn't buy anything but my Dad bought a jumper and my Mum bought a wash bag. Met up with my Uncle and Aunt for an early dinner in Covent Garden and then off to the Savoy theatre for Porgy & Bess. Not my type of musical. But Mum and Dad enjoyed it which was the important thing. Saturday morning met up with my godmother who I haven't seen since she became my godmother. Needless to say we'd both changed quite a bit and wouldn't have recognised one another in the street! Went to the National Portrait Gallery (where I hadn't been before) which was impressive. Only had time to do the modern bit but I really liked it. Then down to Brighton to stay with John on Saturday night. Watched Conor play a bit of football on Sunday morning (they lost 4 - 0) and then back to Manchester Sunday afternoon.

To the theatre again Tuesday evening to see Blood Brothers, which is good for the most part although it only has about three songs which get repeated all through the show. Linda Nolan appeared to be digitally enhanced for her big numbers.

My Mum was also taken back into hospital on Tuesday afternoon with her foot. She had another operation Tuesday night and they're now monitoring her. Luckily it sounds as though the ward she is on is a lot better than the one she was on before so hopefully her stay will be a lot more comfortable this time. So I'm going home this weekend to help out my Dad and to do what I can for my Mum. It looks as though Portugal won't be going ahead now though which is a shame. Never mind, Mum's health comes first.

Saw Frances this morning and she was quite encouraging. She thinks it is worth perservering with trying to eat solid food even though it is difficult. Any improvements to be made will be smaller now than at first so I don't have to see her now for another 6 months. She'll pop in and see me from time to time when I see Sean at Christies though so I don't feel totally abandonned! Seeing the hospital dentist tomorrow at MRI. Not entirely sure why but I'll update you when I can.

My Uncle and Aunt have got me tickets to see a Phillip Glass opera at ENO a week Monday so I'll be off to Brighton again the weekend after next and then staying with them in London on Monday night. All depends on how things are with my Mum of course. This also means that I can't make the book group for The Devil Wears Prada (which I've actually read this time) but since Harvey Nicks isn't open on a Monday we'd have had to reschedule anyway...

Bumped into the Incredibly Reverend Roger Stone tonight as I was leaving work (he's now an Anti-Avoidance Manager and has staff all over). It was good to see him and we'll get together for a drink next time he's in town. He did make the sign of the cross over me though as he was being driven away so I think its all downhill from here on in!

Night. J x

3 comments:

NannyOggandGreebo said...

Ah, sign of the cross, eh? He'll be exorcising you soon...

And what's an Anti-Avoidance Manager, plese? Does it mean he has X-ray vision so you can never hide from him?

Sorry about your mother, pet; give her my best reagrds and warm wishes for a speedy recovery.

Can't understand you slagging off The Devil Wears Prada when you're such a brand bunny yourself! And Meryl Streep would be envious of your cheekbones..

Nanny x

RevRS said...

No need for exorcism. J's use of the simple words Mum and Dad in his messages say such a lot. It struck me particularly in the most recent message. We ignore their power at our peril. I think they contain all our filial-parental experiences and relationships. Taking 6 youngsters to a confirmation retreat a week today. One of the sessions is called A=B. God is love. Algebraically B=A as well, naturellement, so Love is God. I think there's been a lot of love around during this part of your journey, J, so in my view it's ineluctable that there's been a lot of God around. So no need for exorcism. I was so happy to see you as we were leaving the office. My visit was very difficult in parts (staff are great!) and seeing you made it all worthwhile. God's blessing from Sussex.

R

littlebabes2 said...

Have had terribly problems trying to remember my password. It used to magically appear when I typed in the user name, alas it does not happen now and for the life of me I cannot remember what I chose as my password. This is possibly something that happens to a woman of my tender years. (Not that I would admit that to just anybody!) I've now had to open another account. I just hope I remember this password. I've written it down, but can't seem to find the piece of paper already. SAD!

Anyway have been thinking about this time last year - yes I know what YOU'RE thinking, but I have a problem with my short term memory. Some things that happened years ago I can remember so vividly, but what happened today, I will probably remember in ten years time!! Anyway I just wanted to say how far you've come - you've done trememdously well!

Hope you mum is home soon. Please give her my love and best wishes.

Ann x