Sunday, April 22, 2007

Back In The Land Of The Virtuous

Mum still in hospital but she's quite chirpy (now she's stopped feeling sick) and her foot is looking not too bad. I was there when the nurse changed her dressing this afternoon and I was really impressed (with a nurse, yes) by the quality of infection control she displayed - wearing gloves, no cross contamination , the works. Right up until the point she took a pair of dirty scissors from her pocket and proceeded to cut away part of the dressing. Honestly, I couldn't believe it. Why go to all the trouble in the first place just to let yourself down right at the end? Needless to say nurses are back in the dog house (where they've been ever since my stay in hospital).

Weekend was OK. Got some pots for my hostas (which dad insisted on paying for bless him) and I potted them up while I was down there. I'd sent for 4 from Parkers catalogue but when I got to open all the bags there were only 3 there. So I'll have to chase that up next week. As well as getting my car MOT'd. Which is going to be at least £250 apparently because its a 40,000 mile service. Joy of joys.

Took some books home with me to read but only managed to start one - The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli! How pretentious am I? Answers on a postcard... J x

No comments: