Friday, April 27, 2007

Busy Weekend Ahead

Off to Brighton tomorrow morning. Staying with John on Saturday and Sunday nights. Off to London to meet up with my Aunt & Uncle on Monday and then Monday night off to the ENO to see a Phillip Glass opera about Ghandi (can't remember what it's called but I think the whole thing is in sanskrit so I'm hoping there are surtitles!). Back to jolly old Manchester on Tuesday (thereby missing the strike at work) and back to work Wednesday. Hopefully to the gym Wednesday night as haven't seen Denise in an aeon (she's in Ireland at the moment). Eagerly awaiting a phonecall from the migrating Ts. Was supposed to have received one tonight but they are obviously between houses at the moment... J x P.S Aged mother doing fine and being seen by the District Nurse every 2 days to have her dressing changed. Things looking good on the bottom of her foot.

2 comments:

newcastlewench said...

Hope your weekend was as good in retrospect as it sounded from the prospectus. I did the pound shops of Whitley Bay on Saturday afternoon, enjoyed myself enormously buying things I never knew I needed - tweezers with a tiny weeny torch attached, in case you need to attend to facial hair in a power cut, I kid you not. Kites in the shape of WW1 biplanes (actually those were 2.99 each not a pound but I couldn't resist). Tiny cans of hairspray the size of my thumb, apparently for clubbers. I resisted the box of wire puzzles though was sorely tempted - those ones where you have to join them then try to undo them. Lots of fun, plus the decadent thrill of having the spree BEFORE payday. Catch you soon - I'm on the barricades on Tuesday, someone said that like the pickets of old we should be huddled around a burning brassiere. That will be interesting, though I think they meant brazier.

NannyOggandGreebo said...

If it's Dolly Parton's brazier, you should be warm as toast, Newcastlewench. The wire puzzles might have whiled away a weary picketing hour unless you plan to sit there knitting, like Madame Defarge. Though I don't really think you can class yourselves as 'sans-culottes', can you? Not if you can afford £2.99 for a kite.

Hope you have had a wonderful weekend, Jonathan. Tell all about the opera, etc on your return, by which time the migrating Ts should have well and truly migrated, and Kev will no doubt be knee-deep in the local garden centre, stocking up on decking, water features and quite possibly a shed or two to house itinerant visitors.

Love
Nanny x