Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Catch Up

First the bad news, Gwen (DD's mother-in-law) whom many of you will have met at my party is in hospital.  She has a bad case of diverticulitis.  She's had this before but the current episode is quite severe and so they have taken her into hospital and are giving her IV antibiotics.  DD and I visited last night and she seems in really good spirits and didn't look too bad (apart from the bruising on her hand where the - oh what a surprise - careless staff had attempted to put in a cannula in).  She had a CT scan yesterday and will hopefully be allowed home once the results are known.  Luckily she has been taken in at the beginning of the working week so there is some hope that things will be done.

On the good nursing side, my old mate Nurse Jackie is struggling valiantly to get my lip sorted but Dr Yvonne is on holiday at the moment so it looks like things won't happen for a while yet. :-(

In other news I've done loads of Macmillan stuff recently and on Thursday will be taking part in an assessment centre and interview session to find a full time Project Manager for the project I'm currently involved with.

Saw Manchester Mum & Dad for a quick coffee and catch up on Thursday.  They had their grandson Tom with them - he is so cute (even though he barely looked up from his Nintendo DS!). Good to see them and hear their stories of their holiday in France.

I've also been to stay with the lovely Toby and the lovely Gill in Poulton-Le-Fylde.  What a pretty little town it is.  It reminds me a lot of some of the little towns and villages south of Manchester in Cheshire.  On the Saturday we went up to the Lake District (lucky with the weather as rain had been forecast) and spent some time around Conniston Water. It was beautiful.  I was feeling a little the worse for wear from the night before and so we didn't attempt canoeing.  Maybe next time. Hopefully may take the Aged Ps there at some point as my Dad has always wanted to go. Went out for a Thai meal on Saturday night and I had a Thai Red Curry with tofu - it was delicious and yet another meal to add to my repertoire.  Yay.

Went for a couple of drinkies with my crew (DD & Michele #sundayisthenewfriday) to Great John Street Hotel and Revolution on Sunday.  Very nice, very civilised.  After I'd left though there were some apparently shameful scenes in The Midland - don't get me started... :-)

Off to Apple today to get my iPad sorted (this is actually being typed on my laptop - I know, laptop, plugged in and everything) and thence perhaps meeting up with the lovely Liam (and the lovely Kate) for a coffee.  More hospital visiting tonight if Gwen is still in.  That's all.  J x

No comments: