Saturday, November 13, 2010

Update

So last weekend was London. Rigoletto was superb. And the Royal Opera House has to be experienced. It is fabulous and sumptuous and just all around amazing. The audience is dead posh (natch) but at least they don't eat popcorn, check their mobile phones during the performance and know when to clap (it is all terribly complicated). Loved it. I was somewhat less successful in my quest for a pair of navy blue leather men's gloves. How hard can it be? Well, let me tell you, its very hard. Not even Harrods... Harrods I tell you... stocks navy blue leather men's gloves. However, I did buy a tie and 2 pairs of socks so it wasn't a complete loss.

This weekend its all about cleaning products. The Aged Ps are arriving on Thursday for a weekend of Xmas shopping and the flat is currently a state. I expect dishpan hands by this evening... but then its off to B&M's for a soiree. Looking forward to it immensely. Will be calling into Kris's (my mixologist) new bar on Deansgate Locks first for a snifter. I'll let you know how it all goes. That's all. J x

1 comment:

NannyOggandGreebo said...

It seems a trifle excessive to me to troll all the way to London and Harrods (ok with a detour to the ROH) to buy a pair of gloves...are we so impoverished in the north that we can't provide these much needed items? Wherever you manage to buy them, my dear, they are bound to have been made in China - everything is these days.

I then thought you were going frightfully downmarket with your trip to B&Ms but somewhat belatedly realised that this didn't refer to the cheapo pound-shop style supermarket chain but to your friends - silly me. As if!
Fancy me thinking that and you with your very own mixologist.....

Poser...