Sunday, October 25, 2009

Good News

DD has fractured her ankle. Not good news you might say but they're not putting her in plaster and she can go back to work next week (which has cheered her up no end - anyone would think she didn't want to retire!). She was out and about round town yesterday with "the girls" in a decorated wheelchair so I look forward to tales of derring-do (and derring-don't) when I speak to her later.

The Aged Ps are in Portugal with beautiful weather although not having a brilliant time since my mother has picked up an infection and is on antibiotics - Lord alone knows what this has done to the wine industry over there...

As for little old me, not a lot to report. Had a bit of a scare on Tuesday when the awful stomach pain returned. It lasted about 20 minutes and I had started packing my bags for hospital when I was sick and the pain went. A friend tells me that the act of being sick can sometimes dislodge the offending stone that is causing the pain and so it gets better of its own accord. Am hoping this doesn't happen again since unplanned hospital visits mess up my life. 11/12 will do nicely thank you.

Am on a training course for 4 days this week - luckily its being held in Manchester so shouldn't be too much trouble. There's loads of pre-course reading and work to do though so I'm having to do a lot of it this weekend. Did manage to squeeze in a session on the helpline last night but only got 2 hang-ups and no actual calls. Quite boring really. Hey ho, at least I was there in case anyone did have a crisis. That's all. J x

No comments: