Friday, December 05, 2008

Butchered!

To Christies yesterday where the doctor (or butcher) decided that he'd hack off half my lip and leave me with a completely disfigured face. Actually, the fact is that I had a small spot on my upper lip that had been there for about 4 months and which I thought might be a new tumour (you all know how dramatic I can get). Turns out not to be cancer (phew) and the doctor - a chap called Aran who was very nice but obviously not Sean who was engaged elsewhere and not looking after me (his number one patient) - offered to remove it for me. I agreed and so he did it there and then. I now have a stitch there and the lovely lovely Debbie says I'm not to kiss anyone until she takes it out on Tuesday!

On a sadder note I'm off to London today for the weekend and to attend my cousin's funeral on Monday. Not sure what I'll do in London although I have booked to go and see the London Philharmonic on Saturday evening at The South Bank. May try and get into a show tonight. Further bad news is that Jane's mum (my auntie) has had a stroke and won't be able to attend the funeral. Word from my uncle is that, as strokes go, it could have been worse so its fingers crossed for her recovery. I'll update you more after the weekend. That's all. J x

No comments: