Sunday, August 24, 2008

There's a Bright Golden Haze Over Ludlow

To Ludlow on Saturday to spend the day with my parents who are spending a long weekend there to celebrate their golden wedding anniversary. DD came along too because she's one of the family now. Had a lovely day and the weather stayed fine. Ludlow is a lovely little town with an old castle. We had lunch in an hotel down by the river (which was running pretty high and fast on account of all the recent rain). Train journey a nightmare because we had to catch the Swansea train to Ludlow and, apart from it being full of Welsh people, it was small and overcrowded. Luckily we managed to negotiate ourselves seats between bookings although we did have to change at one point. This day is always one of mixed emotions for the family though because it is also the anniversary of Sally's death and we all still miss her.

Still can't remember a single question I was asked at the interview. Its bizarre. I'm used to having a bad memory but not this bad. Everyone says its because of the adrenaline. Its still an odd feeling though. I still think it went quite well and I think I acquitted myself as well as I could - certainly there are only maybe one or two things I might do differently next time round. Like mention "data security" for instance which, I see from the papers, is once again on the front pages. And HMRC always get a mention - even when, as on this occasion, its the Home Office that lost the bloody memory stick!

Hey ho, am attempting to clean the flat today as I have somewhat neglected this task whilst preparing for the interview. So far I've had a shower and fallen asleep on the sofa. Does this count? That's all. J x

1 comment:

NannyOggandGreebo said...

Of course showering and napping count. Life's more important than a bit of dust, my dear. Relaxing and having fun is way more enticing.

Hope your interview successful.

Glad to hear you helped Aged Ps to celebrate their stamina and patience in attaining the gold - something we're getting to be quite good at these days!

Yes, yes, I got carried away with the Olympics too, although I didn't always get to see the end of some events (who won the rhythymic gymnastics, for example?); still I did see the men's marathon - oh my God, what were they thinking about trying to break a record in that steaming heat?

Shall you be complaining about your rotten train journey? I feel you should. Why is it so difficult for railway companies to understand that people might actually want to travel by train at weekends and holiday times and that might mean an increase in passengers and that might also mean that more carriages are needed? Or is it just me?

Grumpily yours
Nanny xx