Sunday, August 17, 2008

Swansea

Nightmare journey down - 6.5 hours on account of an accident on the M6 which meant I hit the roadworks outside Cardiff during the rush hour. Was somewhat frazzled by the time I made it to Home Sweet Home. However, Saturday was a largely peaceful day on account of it never stopping raining and a day spent on the sofa in front of the telly watching the Olympics (The Great Haul Of China as I believe the papers are calling it!). Had one brief break for a journey to Staples to acquire some index cards to prepare my crib notes to take into my interview on Friday - starting to feel a little nervous already! Today we went to The National Botanical Garden of Wales which is just outside Carmarthen. Its a fantastic place and I love going there although my parents always moan because I always insist we go there. A load more gold medals I see today. Unbelievable how well we are doing at the moment although I suspect it will all go horribly wrong very very soon.

Sorted out my travel arrangements for Venice today (and I'll do Madrid soon too DD, don't worry).

Back to Manchester tomorrow, setting off early enough so that I have the afternoon for more interview prep when I arrive. That's all. J x

No comments: