Saturday, September 08, 2007

Busy As Per

Down to London on Tuesday for a very high powered important meeting full of people talking about things I didn't understand. No change there then. Unfortunately it sounds as though this 3 month secondment I volunteered for isn't going to be my passport to promotion. I think they asked for volunteers because they knew that the job entailed pissing off every important person in the Department and that whoever took on the job may very well never work in HMRC again much less get promotion!

Book Group on Thursday. a select band of 4 of us talking for half an hour about Harry Potter 7 and then talking for three hours about the members of the Group who weren't there!

Hugh and Sarah stayed last night. They're off around the world for 12 months (taking less clothes between them than I take for a weekend away). Dropped them at the airport this morning. They've promised to see if they can get me an I "heart" Omsk T-shirt. And yes, it is a real place. I looked it up on Wikipedia and apparently between 1918 and 1919 it was actually captal of Russia.

Private Lives and vodka martinis tonight with Denise and her crew and then off for a look at Gorton Monastary with Miss Denise tomorrow. Then another busy week ahead including a visit to Christies on Thursday. Phew. Aged Ps currently in Cambridge with Aged Aunty & Uncle. Hope they're having a nice time. TTFN. J x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What three Month Secondment? honestly you tell me nothing.

littlebabes999 said...

Happy, very belated, birthday. Bloody passwords!

I'm now Littlebabes999. I've lost count how many different ****ing passwords I've tried to enter, but couldn't leave a message, so I've had to sign up for the umpteenth time. Any suggestions how to overcome loss of short term memory? I suppose I could write the password down, but would I be able to find where I put it.

Anyway, I'm sure you enjoyed your birthday. At least you are still too young to be a member of SAGA unlike some of us!

With love
Ann x