Thursday, August 26, 2010

I'm Turning Japanese...

...who are these strange people with their strange hieroglyphs. And why are they so interested in me and my goings on? I understand why you, dear reader, hang on my every word. Indeed I often do it myself. But the Japanese? I wonder if there is a way to instantly translate what I type in English into hieroglyphs? That would be fun.

Anyway. So what is news? Am currently sat at home awaiting a man to come and measure me up for some shutters. A man called round yesterday and did very little and yet charged me £175 for it. I'd left DD in charge. Say no more. DD and a tradesman in an enclosed space. Doesn't bear thinking about. I bet he was wearing overalls too. They do that up here.

So what else? Went to see Corrie last night (50 years of Coronation Street in 2 hours, live on a stage narrated by Jim McDonald and written by Jonathan Harvey). It should have been pure comedy gold and so it proved. Not the original actors of course but we had 5 people (2 men and 3 women not including Jim McDonald) playing about 50 different characters and they were fantastic. We saw Gail get married 4 times (each time declaring that this time it would be different because she could sense it - naturally it never was). We saw Deirdre and Ken, Deirdre & Mike, Deirdre & Ray as her hair got shorter and shorter. There was a barge, a tram, the ghosts of Elsie and Ena, Hilda and her little brown parcel back from Stan's funeral. We laughed, we cried, we had a stonking good time. If you get a chance, get a ticket.

What else? Went to see the touring production of Les Miserables and was happily surprised. Really enjoyed it. Only bad bit was Eponine who appeared to think she was auditioning for X Factor rather than playing a street urchin.

What else? Went to Swansea, saw the Aged Ps, had fun, got wet, saw lots of cricket and tennis. Ageds are doing fine though you'll all be glad to hear.

Otherwise all quiet on the North Western front. Work is good. Flat will be good once I get shutters installed and get round to ordering a new wardrobe from Ikea. And then its the party - don't ask me, DD is in charge. But before that we have Pride this weekend followed by a weekend in London with the Figster and tickets to Legally Blond. Hurrah. So that's all. J x

No comments: