Sunday, May 23, 2010

Maybe its because I'm...

... a friend of DD's that I can't remember loads about yesterday! Went to London, had lovely meal in Indigo at One Aldwych followed by War Horse. Enjoyed the play and its really well staged but, as my good friend Jane warned me, you can't get away from the fact that its a kids story. And not a particularly strong kids story. I'm guessing that no-one expected it to be such a success or they might have used it more as an anti-war vehicle which they could have done by developing the darkness a bit more. But then it wouldn't have been for kids.... so you can't win, I guess. Drinks afterwards in Christopher's (Simon Callow no less sat at the other end of the bar - with some complete drunk guy) with Gill & Brian and thence home and to Barbirollis. Hangover from hell today and in this heat have done little today. We find out what £6billion in spending cuts means for HMRC tomorrow. Can hardly wait! That's all. J x

No comments: