Sunday, April 06, 2008

Found

Have located my modem in the flat and therefore have just set it up to allow internet access. Its a nightmare being without it when you're used to logging on every day and checking out your friends, finances, regular blogs, news, shopping updates etc. Anyway, although flat still a shambles (will it ever come right?) there is access to a telephone point and a chair I can sit in so here I am.

Went to see The Children's Hour at The Royal Exchange on Friday with Lesley & Adrienne (Gill was too ill poor love - hope you're feeling better now sweetie). What a fantastic play. Starts of a bit like The Crucible in that everything is founded on a child's lie but then veers off in an unexpected direction. Maxine Peake playing Karen was superb as was the rest of the cast - particularly the actress who palyed Mary who played the child who started it all. She had a real feeling of menace about her.

Quiet night in last night - made even more quiet by the fact that my landlady had gone to a hog roast. In the snow! Apparently there were snowball fights. Dr Who was OK. Had expected better since Russell had written it himself but fingers crossed for the rest of the series. I think it suffers a bit in my eyes because I've got into Torchwood this series. It has a more adult "intelligent" content. Dr Who is really kids stuff (and yes Fig, I'm expecting a comment on that comment).

Anyway, the dust is starting to get into my hair now so I'll sign off but I'll be back before long don't worry dear readers. That's all. J x

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well I do not want to sound too confident ...as I am still awaiting an estimate and plan of works but a new tradesman came to look at the room of doom and did not appear to be deterred by the work suggested...so we might also be in dirt and dust land that is renovation work soon. It just a case of choosing the right product to apply to the walls I believe. Cannot say I am looking forward to the mess but I am looking forward to decorating the hall which is affected by this work.
Best wishes as always to Bill and Jane.
Take care
Love
The Ts xxxxx

fig said...

Ah yes. Doctor Who is indeed Kids Stuff ... aimed at a family audience, but essentially kids stuff. But then, as you once pointed out Jon, I don't have an inner child I have an inner adult... so I loved the episode. I watched it with a 12 year old boy who also loved it. Oddly he was really scared by the appearance of Rose at the end, but then, who among us can remember what we were worried by at 12?

Now then. Aside for Who. I will be ringing you this week to check on details for our May madness. Should I try and get you on yer landline or mobile?

Jonathan said...

My address is currently - A Sofa, Denise's Place, Manchester M1 for anyone wishing to conatct me by letter. For telephone contact it will have to be the mobile - 078333 90996. That's all. J x