Saturday, July 17, 2010

To London & Back

Don't buy the sandwiches on Virgin Trains. They're rubbish apparently. But, All My Sons is fantastic, gripping (thank you Bryn), dramatic (thank you Michelle) and emotional (Denise). Suffice to say we all thoroughly enjoyed it and some of us were moved to tears. Wannamaker and Suchet are class acts and well worth the ticket price. And the Apollo theatre is just charming. And following a random number of vodka martinis we're on the train on the way home. Also have to mention lunch - at Arbutus in Soho. Fabulous restaurant with fabulous food and fabulous (if skinny) staff. Also went and saw the ship in a bottle on the 4th plinth which is a lot of fun. Finally to the Hilton on Trafalgar Square to mix with fabulously stylish people and down a final martini before a mad dash for Euston. Suspect there may be one more drink when we arrive in Manchester... That's all. J x

3 comments:

Unknown said...

All my Sons...ah we rememember a fantastic evening at the Royal Exchange with John Thaw providing an outstanding performance..Mr T concurs with Denise on the old emotional reaction.

The Ts xxx

Jonathan said...

Hey honey. How are you and the old man? I have a feeling that he has a birthday soon but its not marked on my iPhone. I think it must be on my work diary and since I was training to be a manager (moral courage is the secret apparently) all last week I may have missed it. If I have, wish him a HB from me and tell him to keep an eye out for a late card... J x

Unknown said...

Less of the old man he is very sensitive as you well know ...said b'day is tomorrow..and I will pass on your birthday wishes. thank you. S